FIND ANSWERS TO SOME OF OUR MOST FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Are Albatross razors for men or women?
Our razors are for all genders and all shaving needs!
We believe in eliminating the disparity between pricing that men and women pay for the similar products. Overwhelmingly, products marketed to women are priced considerably higher compared to the male version of the same products. For example, women pay nearly 48% more for products like shampoo, conditioner, and gel. Moreover, shaving products are in 2nd place for biggest price hikes-- where women will spend roughly 11% more than men for essentially the same plastic razors and cartridges!
Switch to Albatross for a superior shave, equal pricing AND a waste-free solution! It’s a win for all!
What is the difference between the 3-Piece and the Butterfly razors?
The Butterfly is our most popular style and offers the easiest solution for replacing your blade with a quick bottom twist to secure it. The Butterfly XL has the same features with a longer handle length at 4.5” compared to the standard 3.5”.
The 3-Piece razor takes a bit more effort to change the blade, but this style can be disassembled into a compact size. The 3-Piece is the preferred model for those who travel often.
How do I take care of my Albatross safety razor?
Like any good tool, taking care of it will make it last longer.
Here’s how to clean your razor:
- Rinse all the soap/ hair/ gunk from your razor after each use.
- Shake your razor to dry it. Using a towel to dry will make your blades duller.
- Ensure your razor is stored in a dry spot to increase the life of your blades.
- If you notice any corrosion, rub that spot vigorously with a terry cloth towel, or a small piece of emery cloth.
- Ensure your razor is clean and dry to make it last longer!
How can I learn to shave with a safety razor for the first time?
Follow these steps to get a close and comfortable shave with an Albatross safety razor:
- First, make sure you are using a good lubricating shaving cream or soap. This is critical to ensuring the blade can glide smoothly over your skin.
- Hold the razor at an angle of about 30 degrees between the blade and your skin.
- Do not apply much pressure or pull too hard; the weight of the razor itself is acting on the blade and that is generally sufficient for a great, close shave.
- Use short strokes, especially in the beginning.
- Rinse the blade often as you go.
- For an optimal shave, try shaving after a shower or steam bath. The heat, water, and steam help to soften the hair for an even better shave. Note: this is not necessary, but will give you a luxurious shave experience!
Watch our video below to see Andrew, the founder of Albatross, demonstrate how to effectively use a double-edge safety razor:
Will other razor blades fit in my Albatross safety razor?
All standard double edged safety razor blades should fit your Albatross razor.
What can I do with the used blades?
We recommend recycling them through our Blade Take Back Program.
Do you sell wholesale?
We do! If you are interested in having Albatross razors and products in your store, contact us at email@example.com with Wholesale mentioned in the subject line.
SHIPPING, WARRANTY & RETURNS
How much does shipping cost?
Shipping within the US is $5.99 or FREE with any order over $65.
International shipping is $15.99. International order delivery times vary and are subject to customs processing time and fees.
Does your shipping or packaging include plastic?
Following our mission to be as sustainable as possible, all our packaging is plastic-free!
How long will it take to receive my order?
You will receive an email notification once your order has been shipped. Most orders ship within 5 business days. International orders may take longer due to customs processing times.
Do you accept returns?
Due to the sanitary nature of our product, we do not accept any returns or issue refunds.
If you experience issues that may be due to manufacturing defects, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss a replacement. Be sure to include a photo and detailed description of the problem you are experiencing.